Exploring Womanhood > Mind, Body, and Soul > Articles
Seven Ways & Seven Days to Renew Your Life
by Carole Lynne, Author of Cosmic Connection: Messages for a Better World
To renew and reinvent our lives, WE NEED A PLAN! Here it is: a seven-day process to work with over and over. This plan incorporates physical, mental and spiritual work. Use the whole seven-day process, or choose any one of the days to work with as you create the life you want.
DAY 1: RE-CHARGE A Day of Commitment
Focus on changing your mind-set: This is the day to change the thought patterns playing in your mind. Get rid of phrases such as "I can't." "Why does this happen to me?" "Things always seem to go wrong." "After three bad things happen, life will change for the better." Insert thoughts such as "I can do it." " There are creative solutions to any problem."
Create a visual logo that works for you: Imagine the ocean or the lake, water falls, butterflies, sunshine, moonshine--whatever works for you. Note the image or images that work for you, and if you begin to feel negative, simply bring one of your positive images to mind. Your image is your logo for positive energy.
Tools for Day 1: Motivational books, music, dance, art, all that is inspirational.
DAY 2: RE-VAMP A Day of Planning
Tools for Day 2: A notebook and pen, or computer.
- What changes do you need to make in your home?
- What changes do you need to make in your office?
- What changes do you need to make in your exercise routine, OR do you need to begin an exercise routine (with doctor's permission of course)?
- What changes do you need to make in your diet?
DAY 3: RE-CYCLE A Day of Throwing Out
Choose an area of your home, your garage, your backyard, and clean it out thoroughly. Have three boxes set up: one for things to keep, one for things to repair, and one for things to give to others. The hard work begins.
Do not tackle your whole house on this one-day. This seven-day program can be repeated again, and each time you can choose a new area. You can repeat Day 3 every week for six weeks.
Tools for Day 4: Boxes to sort things in, vacuum cleaner, broom, dust rags, music to play to cheer yourself on through this hard day of work.
DAY 4: RE-FRESH A Day of Refreshment
This is a day of reward. If you cleaned out your office or home on day 3, then refresh this space with a new plant or bunch of flowers. Give yourself a present. Open the windows and make sure the light can shine in.
Tools for Day 4: A present for yourself.
DAY 5: RE-TURN A Day of Spiritual Contemplation
This is a day to contemplate your spiritual values and re-turn to the values that are important to you. This is a quiet day of soul searching. In the past two days you have re-cycled some of your belongings and you have refreshed an area of your house or office: you did a lot of physical work. You were involved with a lot of "things." Today, focus on the soul level. Sit and connect with the God of your understanding and ask questions:
This is the day to take an honest look at the way you spend your time, the people you associate with, the worries that occupy you too much, the fears that you allow to control you, the anger you may have towards others.
- What is the meaning of my life?
- What am I here to do in this lifetime?
- What am I proud of and what advances have I made in my life?
- Which areas of my life need work?
Tools for Day 5: An honest heart and an inquiring mind.
DAY 6: RE-INVENT A Day to Change Patterns
Yesterday was an assessment day. It was a hard day. Today is a day to make plans to change the parts of your life that need changing.
- Do you have health problems you are not facing? Make an appointment with a health professional or get back to taking care of yourself in the way that you know is best for you.
- Are you allowing the problems of others to dominate your life? If so this is a day to make plans to change your schedule. If you are a caregiver, find creative ways to get time off. And do not say, "There is no way." Find out what your community has to offer. If the person you are taking care of does not want to receive care from others, then you must be strong and explain that you have to have time off.
- If you spend all your time compassionately listening to others, remember that you will burn out if you do not have time for yourself. We all know this, but we do not always allow time for ourselves.
Tools for Day 6: A notebook, pen, computer, a telephone, appointment book.
DAY 7: RE-INVEST An Investment Day in All That is Positive
While I hesitate to use the word "re-invest" during this financial crisis, it is time to think about how to best spend your money, how to best spend your time. You have spent an entire week taking a look at your physical and spiritual life. Today is the day to take a good look at your financial life as well. Another coffee for five dollars may not be the best way to go. A lot of takeout food costs money. Are there ways to organize your cooking so that you do not pick up as much food?
Tools for Day 7: Your financial records, your checkbook, a willingness to make changes.
OKAY LET'S GET STARTED AND CHANGE OUR LIVES
©2009 Carole Lynne, author of Cosmic Connection: Messages for a Better World
About the Author:
Carole Lynne is the author of Cosmic Connection: Messages for a Better World. She is also the author of the award winning book Consult Your Inner Psychic, and How to Get a Good Reading From a Psychic Medium. To learn more about Carole Lynne visit www.carolelynnecosmicconnection.com or www.carolelynne.com.