Creating A Healthy Skin and Clearing Acne Naturally
By Lena Sanchez
Acne affects more than 20 million teenagers, and hundreds
of adults according to the AAD (American Academy of Dermatology). It is the most common problem in the United States. Many over the counter remedies exist and hundreds of thousands of dollars are spent yearly on them. I have come up with some inexpensive home remedies that work perfectly well and are healthier for the skin.
ACNE Symptoms: Persistent, recurrent pimples or skin blemishes on the skin. Acne is commonly found on the face but can also occur on the chest, shoulder, neck and upper portion of the back.
What is going on? Usually because of clogging of the pores in the sebaceous hair follicles, from oils and dead skin cells that build up bacteria in the blocked follicle, thus causes inflammation in that area.
Keeping the area clean, eating less fatty foods and sugars will most times prevent acne.
Cleanse (not scrub) your face at least twice daily with a gentle natural anti-microbial herbal soap such as calendula (Calendula officinalis), lavender (Lavandula officinalis) for both treatment and prevention.
After cleaning, apply one drop of tea tree oil - a natural anti-microbial - to each blemish. *For an overnight treatment that will dry and heal, use a clay poultice, worn all night. Use either green clay or bentonite as a base. (Can be obtained at most health food stores). Combine 1 teaspoon of clay with enough water to make a paste the consistency of toothpaste. Mix in 3 drops of tea tree oil and apply to blemishes. Rinse off with warm water in the morning.
Give yourself an herbal facial steam treatment twice a week to gently and deeply clean pores. Into a heat-proof bowl pour 1 1/2 quarts of boiling water over 2 tablespoons of dried lavender, which is both and anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory. Cover your head and the bowl with a large bath towel, steam your face for 10 minutes, taking care not to burn yourself with the steam.
Natural Alpha Hydroxy:
From your own kitchen comes a great natural alpha hydroxy healer.
- Wash well and put into a blender: 2 or 3 ripe unpeeled pitted apricots, 2 large or 3 medium sized fresh strawberries (but frozen will work as well), 1/4 of a medium to large avocado (equivalent to a 3"X 2" piece), 1 heaping tablespoon of honey.
- Put in blender and liquefy until frothy. Apply to face, leave on for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm herbal soapy water. Then open a capsule of vitamin E and apply to face.
- If leftovers, store in a glass jar for no more than 7 days. Use this facial twice weekly for soft blemish free skin. To remove small wrinkles leave on overnight.
Natural Blemish Healing Astringents:
Apply Lemon juice and let dry, apply as often as you wish. Acts as an astringent and a healer. Lemon has a drawing affect and will help heal blemishes as well as prevent pores from becoming clogged. For abscessed pores apply a piece of lemon peel directly
on the spot, skin side out. Can be left on up to three hours.
My sister and I had this favorite thing to use as teenagers:
Take 1 raw egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, whip until frothy and apply to skin, let dry then wash off with herbal wash and cool water. Egg is a great drawing healer. Do this two or three times a week, will help keep your face free of blemishes and blackheads. I have never experienced the black heads and acne others have. Could it be due to this habit as a child and teenager and the fact that I
don't ingest dairy foods?
Oriental medicine has a teaching . . . blemishes or pimples on the different body areas correspond to specific organs or parts of the body before they actually show up. Areas being:
- Lotus Root tea two or three times a day will improve blemishes.
- Take 30 to 45 mg of zinc a day and antioxidants helps the regeneration of skin tissue!
- If you, like me, tend to have very dry skin you have probably spent lots of $$$ on lotions and potents that don't give lasting effects. I live in a very arid part of the world, which does nothing to help my dry skin but rather made it worse until I discovered something to nourish and restore it: Bath in a luxurious 15-minute bubble bath two to four times a week with 1/4 cup Life Transfusion Liquid Ionic 84 Minerals. Such softness and smoothness you can not imagine as well as the relaxation it does for my mind. If you don't know where to obtain liquid minerals, send a blank email here.
A) Forehead indicates a problem with the intestinal tract.
B) Cheeks indicate lung or breast problems.
C) Nose indicates heart area.
D) Around the mouth indicate reproductive area.
E) Jaws indicate kidney area.
F) Upper back indicates lung area.
G) Shoulders indicate digestive area.
H) Chest indicates both lung and heart area.
Not to panic anyone but this only indicates that people with blemishes/pimples should improve their overall health as the road to ridding the body of blemishes!
A good start is by eliminating some of the dairy products saturated animal fats and sugars, add daily minerals and vitamins. The medical profession for the most part, says diet has nothing to do with it. Do you want to believe that? There are far more studies and histories that prove otherwise! Take charge of your own life and treatments for your own optimum health.
Lena Sanchez Author of "Handbook Of Herbs To Health and Other Secrets," "Antibiotic Alternatives To Preventing Mega Bacteria," and "Dangers and Secrets Doctors Refuse To Tell You." Found online at http://www.antibiotic-alternatives.com and Editor of "Natural Environmental Health Facts and Your Home Business Coach" ezine subscribe at http://www.envirodocs.com/newsletter.htm