Lacy Christmas Ornaments
- Approximately 3/4 yd of lace ribbon with holes (see picture above)
- 41 tri beads for candy cane or 52 for wreath
- ribbon for bow
- pipe cleaner in color matching tri beads
- wire cutters
- nylon thread
Directions for candy cane:
- Bend over a small bit of pipe cleaner to block one end
- Fold ribbon over so the first and third holes overlap. Thread pipe cleaner through the third hole then the first so the rough edge of the lace will be enclosed
- Thread tri bead on pipe cleaner than fold ribbon over going through the fifth hole (in other words skip one hole). Continue alternating ribbon and beads until all beads are used.
- Cut ribbon so there are four holes left. Fold over and line up the last and third from last holes and slide pipe cleaner through to finish.
- Cut and bend over the end of the pipe cleaner to seal.
- Bend into candy cane shape.
- Tie ribbon into a bow and glue in place.
- Attach nylon thread to hang.
Directions for wreath:
- Follow the directions for the candy cane, but do not bend the ends of the pipe cleaner. Instead twist together securely and glue bow at this point.
You can use several colors of beads for a different effect such as holly berries on the wreath or a rainbow candy cane. Thread two beads of the same color then switch colors.
Visit our Christmas Wreath Ornaments in our Crafts for Kids area for more terrific ideas!
Copyright © 2002 StorkNet.com. All Rights Reserved.
If you like this article, we'd be honored if you shared it using the button below.
Visit our Crafts for Kids area of StorkNet for more terrific ideas!